The Very Essence
Young Living Distributor, Eastern North Carolina
Independent Young Living Distributor #476766
Please use the form at the bottom of this page to email me if you have questions.
My Background Includes:
- Landscape Design – Backyard Wildlife Habitats, Edible, Herbal and Native Plant Gardens
- Sacred Space
- Space Clearing
- Labyrinth Design and Facilitation
- Classical Feng Shui Practitioner
- Qi Gong Healing
- Distance Healer
- Lifelong Naturalist
- Lifelong Entrepreneur
“I long to accomplish a great and noble task; but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.” ~ Helen Keller
“My green thumb came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from the plant’s point of view.” ~ H. Fred Ale
My Top 10 Favorite Young Living Essential Oils
- Sandalwood and Jasmine essential oils combined – absolutely heavenly!
- Thieves essential oil – many and varied applications: diffused, topically, aromatic, dietary.
- Frankincense essential oil: topically, aromatic, dietary. Lovely spiritual oil, terrific for wrinkles too!
- German Chamomile – I love this oil my for neck/shoulder aches and tension. Used: diffused, topically, aromatic, dietary.
- Peppermint – head and muscle discomfort, or a drop in a glass of water for alertness & cooling down. Used: diffused, topically, aromatic, dietary.
- Lavender – minor skin scrapes and insect bites (combined with Animal Scents Ointment). Used: diffused, topically, aromatic, dietary.
- Sensation – a blend, my favorite for massage or diffused, relaxing. Used: diffused, topically, aromatic.
- Palo Santo – as an insect repellent and applied topically when my neck/shoulders are stressed from tension. Used: topically, aromatic.
- Golden Touch I essential oil collection – I consider this my natural emergency preparedness kit in a box, it contains 7 oils! Assorted uses for each oil.
- Slique Essence – one drop eliminates my sugar cravings! Used: dietary.
My Top 10 Young Living Products
- Super C chewable supplement – these taste like Smarties, YUM!
- NingXia Red juice – WOW!
- Lavender Volume Shampoo & Conditioner – no heavy greasy build-up on my hair!
- Thieves Ultra Toothpaste & Thieves Mouthwash – fluoride-free & edible!
- Thieves Household Cleaner – for cleaning everything from kitchen, bath to car upholstery.
- Animal Scents Ointment – for insect bites, scrapes & cuts – yes it is people quality and outshines other ointments on the market!
- Cel-Lite Magic – I use this for cellulite and as a body moisturizer, I love it.
- Boswellia Wrinkle Cream – this contains frankincense already but I like to add a drop more, you only need a tiny dab this is very concentrated!
- Essentialzymes-4 supplement – gotta have those enzymes!
- Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier – superb on-the-go hand sanitizer! I like to add 5-8 drops of Lemongrass to the little 1oz. bottle to thwart-off those wicked germs.
As a child I spent most of my time outdoors, in the woods and fields surrounding our rural home. Plants and the nature was, and still is, a large part of my life and lifestyle. Whether it was chasing down rainbows to find a ‘pot of gold,’ communicating with the faeries and nature spirits, foraging for wild edible plants, or listening to records of bird songs borrowed from the library – the natural world and its energies have always been near and dear to my heart. These experiences set the stage for my life’s journey.
I began using herbal remedies at the age of 15 and was amazed how a plant could support healing and wellness of body, mind, and spirit. Though I didn’t understand at the time why they helped people I stayed on that path, knowing that one day I would find the answers. There are many studies and science on the efficacy of essential oils, I try to include them in the posts I write so you can determine for yourself if switching over to plant oils is what you’ve been looking for too.
It wasn’t until the late 1990s that I was introduced to the Young Living Essential Oils. Immediately I knew they were the essential oils I had been searching. The essential oils I had been using prior to Young Living ended up costing me more than Young Living oils because they would turn rancid and would need replacing every 6-8 months, which ended up costing me more in the long run. Needless to say, I was delighted to have found something superior.
Today, I refer to higher quality essential oils as ‘beyond organic’ since the organic regulations aren’t nearly as good as they once were. Young Living on the other hand refers to the superior quality as ‘genuine’ or ‘genuine therapeutic’. There’s more info on that on the Seed to Seal page.
Here are some of the recipes I enjoy making and using. You can use these recipes as a starting point for switching over from what you’re currently using to what you can be using instead. It is extremely economical to use high quality essential oils in place of over-the-counter remedies, household cleaning, air freshener, and personal care products… I know because I have been doing just that for over 15 years.
You will never find a cleaner, personal care product, air freshener, beauty solution or first aid remedy in my home that came from a store shelf – just just never buy any of those things, ever.
Only small bottles of essential oils, some jars with my concoctions and spray bottles call my shelf their home.
If you are ready to make some amazing changes in your life and household let me know, I love helping others learn and experience what a difference this one little choice can make in all of our lives.
Essential oils are an wise choice for those who want to live more consciously and in closer harmony with our natural world.