The Very Essence
Young Living Distributor, Eastern North Carolina
Independent Young Living Distributor #476766
Please use the form at the bottom of this page to email me if you have questions.
My Background Includes:
- Landscape Design – Backyard Wildlife Habitats, Edible, Herbal and Native Plant Gardens
- Sacred Space
- Space Clearing
- Labyrinth Design and Facilitation
- Classical Feng Shui Practitioner
- Qi Gong Healing
- Distance Healer
- Lifelong Naturalist
- Lifelong Entrepreneur
“I long to accomplish a great and noble task; but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.” ~ Helen Keller
“My green thumb came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from the plant’s point of view.” ~ H. Fred Ale
My Top 10 Favorite Young Living Essential Oils
- Sandalwood and Jasmine essential oils combined – absolutely heavenly!
- Thieves essential oil – many and varied applications and especially when combined with Evergreen Essence essential oil blend and diffused
- Frankincense essential oil – spiritual, terrific for wrinkles too!
- German Chamomile – for neck/shoulder aches and tension
- Peppermint essential oil – headaches, muscle aches, and a drop in a glass of water for alertness & cooling down
- Lavender essential oil – minor wounds and insect bites (combined with Animal Scents Ointment)
- Sensation essential oil – massage or diffused, relaxing
- GLF essential oil blend – for gallbladder wellness
- Golden Touch I essential oil collection – as First Aid kit in a box, 7 oils!
- Slique Essence – one drop eliminates sugar cravings!
My Top 10 Young Living Products
- Super C chewable supplement – these taste like Smarties, YUM!
- NingXia Red juice – WOW!
- Lavender Volume Shampoo & Conditioner – no heavy greasy build-up!
- Thieves Ultra Toothpaste & Thieves Mouthwash – fluoride-free & edible!
- Thieves Household Cleaner – for cleaning everything from kitchen, bath to car upholstery
- Animal Scents Ointment – for insect bites, scrapes & cuts when outdoors gardening
- Cel-Lite Magic
- Boswellia Wrinkle Cream
- Essentialzymes-4 supplement – gotta have those enzymes!
- Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier – superb!
As a child I spent most of my time outdoors, in the woods and fields surrounding our rural home. Plants and the nature was, and still is, a large part of my life and lifestyle. Whether it was chasing down rainbows to find a ‘pot of gold,’ communicating with the faeries and nature spirits, foraging for wild edible plants, or listening to records of bird songs borrowed from the library – the natural world and its energies have always been near and dear to my heart. These experiences set the stage for my life’s journey.
I began using herbal remedies at the age of 15 and was amazed how a plant could support healing and wellness of body, mind, and spirit. Though I didn’t understand at the time why they helped people I stayed on that path, knowing that one day I would find the answers. At the time, just knowing I had other options to conventional methods was quite satisfactory.
It wasn’t until the late 1990s that I was introduced to the Young Living Essential Oils. Immediately I knew they were the essential oils I had been searching, of such quality that I could apply them topically and use them as supplements and home remedies, without fear of adulteration and toxic chemicals. Today, I refer to this higher quality as ‘beyond organic’ since the organic regulations aren’t nearly as good as they once were. Young Living on the other hand refers to the superior quality as ‘genuine’ or ‘genuine therapeutic’ since many other essential oil companies have abused the term ‘therapeutic-grade’.
Since the essential oil and aromatherapy industry has no regulation anyone can produce a scent and name it as they wish. So while there has been some controversy over distinguishing ‘quality’ in this industry Young Living has tried to set the standard for the highest, most organic, essential oils in the world – which is why some others compare their oils to Young Living, which by the way are not guaranteed to be of the highest quality. Be sure to do your homework before deciding which essential oil company to go with. The things you will want to know would be comparable to those written about in this article titled, Seed to Seal, which will help you become familiar and a more savvy consumer.
Generally speaking, come from a foundation of viewing essential oils as you would when searching for a very fine wine. They will be priced accordingly to how good they are, the time and energy required to grow, harvest and distill an individual plant species, and the testing equipment necessary to make certain purity and the healthful benefits are all there. They are not easy to find due to there being so few companies in the world who actually care more about quality than price point and profits. In other words, if the price is low so is the quality, which means you will not be able to use the essential oils in the same ways we speak about on this site – a point I cannot stress enough.
Things I have used Young Living essential oils for that I would never dream of substituting for another brand:
- Essential oils in a capsule as a supplement to help ward-off colds and flu
- Essential oils as topical remedies for wounds, cuts, scrapes, skin issues, bites from animals and insects, inflammation, aches and pains – for myself and my dog.
- Essential oil recipes to make my own personal care products for topical use and massage – if the essential oil is not of superior quality I certainly do not want it applied to skin.
- Essential oils for diffusing – I certainly do not want to be inhaling an adulterated or poor quality essential oil that will make its way into my body via my lungs.
My reason for not using a lesser quality essential oil and aromatherapy products is because in my being mindful of these facts I have significantly lessened my body burden in terms of the amount of toxic chemicals I am exposed to. I have always attributed my good health to that one simple practice, minimize your body burden to enhance your wellness and the quality of your life.
Here are some of the recipes I enjoy making and using. Use these recipes as a starting point for switching over from what you’re currently using to what you can be using instead. It is extremely economical to use high quality essential oils in place of over-the-counter remedies,household cleaning, air freshener, and personal care products… I know because I have been doing just that for over 15 years.
You will never find a cleaner, personal care product, air freshener, beauty solution or first aid remedy in my home that came from a store shelf – just just never buy any of those things, ever.
Only small bottles of essential oils, some jars with my concoctions and spray bottles call my shelf their home.
Sure, it’s a little expensive to get started but when you do the math and experience that we use the essential oils by the drop (never the handful!) and that a 15ml bottle contains 250+ drops of essential oil you can be making super high quality products yourself for a fraction of what you are paying now for the same type of products that contain extremely poor quality essential oils – yes, all companies use the poorest quality essential oils in their products… that’s why I stopped spending a fortune on all-natural and organic products that contain essential oils. Once you make the switch the cost is far cheaper and healthier than anything you will find in any store.
If you are ready to make some amazing changes in your life and household let me know, I love helping others learn and experience what a difference this one little choice can make in all of our lives.
Essential oils are an especially wise choice for those who want to live more consciously and in closer harmony with our natural world. Besides, humanity evolved with the plant kingdom, our bodies recognize our exposure to natural plant oils.