Given all of the questionable ingredients in sunblock and sunscreens it only makes sense to make your own, it’s very easy to do. The sunblock and sunscreen recipes here are perfect for those seeking to switch away from store-bought products because they desire to know precisely what is in the personal care products they are using when protecting their skin from sunburn as part of their anti-aging and skin cancer-prevention protocol.
You might be interested in knowing that these fatty oils reduced the effects of the suns rays by:
- Sesame Oil 30%
- Coconut Oil 20%
- Olive Oil 20%
The inclusion of essential oils in these recipes provides “antioxidant” protection and healing against free radicals:
- Free radicals form during first interaction with the sun’s rays, and “cascade” into various different forms until our body tends to them with natural antioxidant defenses.
- Many essential oils have exceptionally high antioxidant levels
- In a study, Myrrh out performed a man-made antioxidant
- Helichrysum is a skin healing super-power, a must for mature skin
- Frankincense & Sandalwood have protective actions, anticancer
Sunscreen Recipe #1:
- 1 oz. sesame oil
- 1/2 oz. coconut oil
- 1/2 oz. olive oil
- 10 drops Helichrysum essential oil
- 5 drops Lavender essential oil
- 3 drops Chamomile essential oil
- 3 drops Myrrh essential oil
Sunscreen Recipe #2:
- 4 oz. Avocado Oil
- 30 drops Lavender essential oil
- 10 drops Carrot Seed essential oil
- Mix 6 drops Helichrysum with 1 oz. Sesame Oil. Reapply every few hours.
In any of the above recipes you will combine all ingredients together and mix well.
Then place your mixture in a dark-colored bottle and store in a dark place as sunlight will degrade the effectiveness of the ingredients.
I recommend creating a wholesale membership so you can save 24% off retail prices.
Listen to this audio recording, Aromatherapy 101 to learn more ways we use essential oils.
Caution: please do not use the cheap essential oils in my recipes as they will not produce desirable results and could produce very undesirable results! I’m not saying that so you will buy oils from me, I’m saying it because it is true and it does make a huge difference – so please be very mindful with your choices.
Young Living Essential Oils Distributor #476766
"There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly." ~ R. Buckminster Fuller