When we diffuse essential oils the essential oils alter the structure of molecules that create odors, rather than masking them. Diffused essential oils also increase oxygen availability, produce negative ions, and release natural ozone.
Many essential oils such as Lemongrass, Orange, Grapefruit, Melaleuca (alternafolia – tea tree), Eucalyptus (E. globulus), Lavender, Frankincense and Lemon, along with essential oil blends (Purification, Melrose, and Thieves), are extremely effective for eliminating and destroying airborne germs and bacteria.
A cold-air diffuser, such as the TheraPro Premium Diffuser, is designed to atomize a micro-fine mist of essential oils into the air, where they can remain suspended for several hours. Unlike aroma lamps or aromatherapy burners, a cold-air diffuser disperses the essential oil without heat or burning, which can render the oil therapeutically less beneficial and even create toxic compounds. In other words, it is never recommended that ‘heat’ of any kind be uses to disperse an essential oil.
Diffusing: 8 Tips on How to Get Started
Start by diffusing your superior quality essential oils for 15-30 minutes a day. After becoming aware of the benefits you may consider diffusing up to 1-2 hours a day.
- The TheraPro Premium Diffuser has a built-in timer, use the timer to gain better control over the length and duration of diffusing. Tip: Set the timer to start 30 minutes before you are expected to arrive home from work so you can walk into a great smelling home!
- Do not use more than one essential oil blend at a time. Each blend is specifically designed to support a group of benefits, combining two or more may not smell as nice and produce the desired results.
- Never dilute your essential oil with water, a carrier oil or other substance. The TheraPro Diffuser is not designed to disperse altered essential oils as this can ruin the functions of the diffuser. If you are concerned with extending the essential oil simply use the timer and diffuse for a shorter period of time.
- Place your TheraPro Premium Diffuser high in the room so that the essential oil mist falls through the air providing it more time to work its magic. The height of a fireplace mantle or on top of the refrigerator is perfect!
- Set the speed of diffusing on the dial – use a slower speed for a more subtle effect, use the high-speed setting for situations where there are strong bad odors, germs from colds or flu, or to prevent mold (it is recommended to use Thieves or Purification essential oil blends for preventing mold).
- To was your diffuser before using a different essential oil it is recommended to clean your TheraPro Diffuser with Thieves Household Cleaner or any natural soap and warm water (do not submerge the entire diffuser in water though, please refer to the video below for usage tips and cleaning).
- Always place the diffuser where it will not get bumped over by pets or children.
- It is not recommended to use inexpensive essential oils or aromatherapy oils in the TheraPro diffuser as they almost always contain carrier oils (fatty oils) that will certainly ruin the performance of your cold-air diffuser.
Bonus Tip: Air Freshener Recipe
In the empty bottle that comes with the TheraPro Diffuser combine these essential oils for a lovely fresh clean scent:
- 40 drops Lavender
- 20 drops Lemon
- 12 drops Bergamot
- 10 drops Lime
- 10 drops Grapefruit
Add all of the essential oils to the extra bottle. Screw the bottle into place on the TheraPro diffuser. Turn the diffuser on to the desired settings and enjoy!
Would you like to save 24% on your essential oil purchase? If yes, take a look at the details of a wholesale membership.
Toby demonstrates how to use the TheraPro Premium Diffuser…~~ Place an Order Here ~~
Young Living Essential Oils Distributor #476766
"There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly." ~ R. Buckminster Fuller