Did you know that in your lifetime, your gastrointestinal tract will process 60,000 to 100,000 pounds of food? To put that into perspective, an elephant weighs approximately 10,000 pounds. That means in your lifetime, your body will process 6 to 10 elephants. I figure I am just under half way there, so I have eaten the equivalent of 3 or 4 elephants (and it may be possible that I ate one of them over Easter weekend alone!). Depending on how many elephant-equivalents you have eaten, you may want to give some thought to the importance of proper digestion.
Some people also feel that a good spring cleanse is equally beneficial to good health. I agree.
When toxins build up they can lead to a host of problems in the body, including weight gain, skin disorders, premature aging, fatigue and even a weakened immune system. Because of this, more and more people are turning to detox spas, which are fantastic, but if spas are not your thing, you can still reap the benefits of internal spring cleaning right in your own home.
As a world leader in essential oils, Young Living provides the purest, highest quality essential oils, supplements and personal care products designed to promote health and beauty from the inside out, including those that support the body’s digestive health and those designed for gentle elimination.
To keep your body functioning at its optimal best, check out Young Living’s wide assortment of products for digestive health, such as:
- Essentialzymes-4 – This multi-spectrum enzyme complex aids the digestion of fats, proteins, fibre and carbohydrates. The animal and plant-based enzymes are released at separate times within the digestive tract allowing for optimal nutrient absorption.
- Digest & Cleanse – This supplement is formulated with essential oils which may support the body’s natural digestive process.
- Cleansing Trio – This kit contains ingredients believed to help eliminate waste in the body. The supplements are enhanced with herbs, minerals, enzymes, amino acids, fiber and essential oils.
- DiGize is an essential oil blend that promotes healthy digestion and soothes stomach discomfort. Only Young Living’s therapeutic-grade essential oils are recommended.
- Both Peppermint and Fennel essential oils are used to support healthy digestive function. Again, only Young Living’s therapeutic-grade essential oils are recommended.
Proper digestion ensures that more nutrients are being assimilated into the body, which in turn will give you better results from your diet and from your nutritional supplements. After all, all of the supplements in the world won’t help you if your body cannot process them. Young Living has created many essential oil and essential oil-enhanced products to help your body do just that.
Also try using a body brush on your skin to stimulate the skin’s surface and help encourage natural purification. Dry brushing the skin helps get the body’s natural elimination and drainage process up and running more efficiently. Begin at the feet and work your way up the body using small circles, always moving towards the heart. Add a drop or two of your favourite essential oil(s) to the brush to invigorate your mind, body and spirit.
Lastly, remember to always drink plenty of water, especially when cleansing. Water aids digestion and flushes impurities out of the system.