Jasmine (Jasminum officinale) absolute oil is very uplifting, producing feelings of confidence, energy, euphoria, and optimism. Whether worn as a perfume, or inhale a drop with palms cupped over nose, Jasmine is a perfect addition to the home spa!
Jasmine has a warm, exotic, floral fragrance that relaxes, soothes, uplifts, and enhances self-confidence. Jasmine is beneficial for the skin. It has been used throughout history for romance and attraction and for balancing the feminine energy of the body. Jasmine can assist in counteracting hopelessness, nervous exhaustion, anxiety, depression, indifference, and listlessness.
One pound of jasmine oil requires about 1,000 pounds of jasmine or 3.6 million fresh unpacked blossoms. The blossoms must be collected before sunrise, or much of the fragrance will have evaporated. The quality of the blossoms may also be compromised if they are crushed. A single pound of pure jasmine absolute can cost between $1,200 to $4,500. In contrast, synthetic jasmine oil can be obtained for $3.50 per pound but does not possess the same therapeutic qualities as the real thing.
University researchers in Japan found that diffusing certain aromas in an office environment dramatically improved mental accuracy and concentration. Diffused lemon resulted in 54 percent fewer errors, jasmine 33 percent fewer errors, and lavender 20 percent fewer errors. When aromas were diffused during test taking, scores increased by as much as 50 percent.
Ways to Use Jasmine Oil
- As a Perfume: Apply 2-4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution of Young Living Jasmine is not typically required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed. Learn how to make signature perfume blends.
- As a Full-body Massage: Mix 3-5 drops Jasmine with 2 TBSP of V-6 Massage Oil. A Beginner’s Guide to Massage.
- Diffusing: Diffuse up to 1 hour three times daily. More on Diffusers and Diffusing.
- Inhale: Open the bottle and sniff directly from the bottle. Or, place one drop in the palm, rub palms together, cup palms over the nose and inhale deeply (keeping hands away from the eyes). How aromatherapy benefits emotions.
- Aromatherapy Bath: Mix 3-6 drops Jasmine with 1 cup of Epsom Salts or Sea Salt in a small jar or dish, stir well, pour mixture under running tap water, soak for 20 minutes.
- Foot Bath: Mix 2-4 drops Jasmine with 1/2 cup Epsom Salt or Sea Salt in a small dish, add salt mixture to foot bath tub, soak feet for 15 minutes, pat feet dry. For dry foot skin, try massaging in some Young Living Tender Tush (#3689) to help soften dry skin, Tender Tush is my favorite remedy for severely dry skin. See how to make a marble foot bath.
Young Living Essential Oils Distributor #476766
"There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly." ~ R. Buckminster Fuller