The Feelings collection of essential oils came about as an inspiration of Gary Young’s life experiences. This unique collection of therapeutic-grade essential oil blends was designed specifically to help lift negative impressions and allow openness to new beginnings.
As we go through life, we have experiences that can leave us in various states of trauma and this trauma can put us in a state of fear. The emotion of fear can then restrict us from reaching our full purpose and potential, keeping us from being the kind of person and from doing the kinds of things that we really desire.
Fear is a normal emotion that can keep us out of dangerous situations. But fear can harbor strong controlling, negative energy that controls our life and limits what we do and could be feeling.
The power of aromatherapy through the use of therapeutic-grade essential oils can help us move past and resolve limiting past emotional experiences. Gary created the Feelings collection specifically for being used as a tool to facilitate us in embracing old emotions and exchanging them for better more life-sustaining emotions. Thus, we should not underestimate the power of the olfactory system and the ability of the parts of the brain affected positively through the use of aromatherapy to help us reset limiting and stagnant emotions.
The Feelings collection contains six essential oil blends: Valor,Harmony, Forgiveness, Present Time, Release, and Inner Child. Order item #3125.
The Feelings Collection in Practice: 7 Steps to Emotional Release
- Begin with 3 drops of Valor essential oil blend rubbed on the soles of your feet, on your temples, chest, and throat chakra. Valor is a blend of oils that helps to balance the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems, which creates a feeling of empowerment. Once in this state, you are better equipped to face your emotions.
- Emotional blocks distort our body’s energy centers. Place Harmony essential oil blend on each of your chakra points, including the base of your spine, halfway between this point and your navel, on your navel, and on your heart, on your throat, between your eyebrows, and on the very top of your skull. The effects of the oil Harmony will allow the energy to harmonize and begin to flow more freely between and through your energy centers.
- An important factor in your healing process is forgiveness. It isn’t until you have truly forgiven that you begin to forget and come into harmony emotionally. Forgiveness essential oil blend is most effective when a drop or two is placed on the navel, as this is the central meridian where all of the nerve endings join which allows access to every nerve fiber in the body.
- Each of us is guilty of dragging along emotional baggage and we wonder why the same types of results keep recurring. Present Time essential oil blend facilitates removing us from the past and bringing us into the Now. Rub one or two drops of this essential oil on your throat in a clockwise direction and relax, sit back and breathe, feel the feeling of being in the moment, allowing your emotions to come forward.
- Next, put three or four drops of Release essential oil blend in your palm and then rub your palms together and place the palms over your Liver, and hold in place for a few minutes. Then, place one drop under your nose and inhale deeply. Allow your emotions to flow outward. Gary says, “you will know if you have gotten it effectively and let go of an emotion if you can go back, look at it, and talk about it without upsetting yourself. The less it is revisited, the better chance of it being forgotten.”
- Once you have released the built-up emotions you will need to look at your true self, your true identity. The essential oils blend Inner Child assists with a reconnection of your true self and facilitates the building up of yourself into the person you want to be. To do this, apply a drop of Inner Child onto the pad of your thumb, then slowly place the pad of your thumb into your mouth, placing the pad on the roof of your mouth. Take in the fragrance of this oil. Its aroma therapy properties will leave you feeling youthful, happy, a sense of self-worth, and feeling grounded.
- Once you have performed the entire practice, re-apply a few drops of Valor essential oil on the base of your neck and to the soles of your feet to anchor this new emotional memory in your cells and spirit. Regularly practicing these steps will help to strengthen your emotional and physical health and well-being.
This practice can be performed as often as you desire. Gary recommends that it be performed weekly, if not daily. Making this a nightly ritual is a terrific way to help relax and deal with any traumas encountered during the day. He also asserts that it is not necessary to perform the entire sequence every time, just one or two of the oils used daily is better than nothing.
Articles by Evelyn Vincent, Young Living Independent Distributor #476766
"There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly." ~ R. Buckminster Fuller