Australian Blue™ essential oil blend includes a rare Australian aromatic called blue cypress, a part of the aboriginal pharmacopoeia for thousands of years. Distilled from the wood of Callitris intratropica, the Northern Cypress Pine, which has antiviral properties. Its aromatic influence uplifts and inspires while simultaneously grounding and stabilizing. Blue cypress (Callitris intratropica) is indigenous to Australia. Some of the traditional uses of Blue Cypress include supporting the body’s natural response to irritation and injury as well as aiding normal breathing. This oil also has historical use as an additive in perfumes.
Australian Blue™ is a powerful, aromatic essence that unites ancient aboriginal wisdom with today’s scientific knowledge about essential oils to uplift and inspire the mind and heart. This exotic essential oil blend has sweet, earthy undertones responsible for its calming and stabilizing effects to the emotions.
Australian Blue™ contains these therapeutic essential oils:
- Blue Cypress (Callitris intratropica) contains guaiol and guaiazulene, strong anti-inflammatory and antiviral compounds. Oral traditions indicate that the aboriginal Tiwi people of northern Australia used resins from the bark of blue cypress as a skin wash for sores and cuts. It’s also used to relieve pain and repel insects.
- Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata) increases relaxation; balances male and female energies. It also restores confidence and equilibrium.
- Cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica) is high in sesquiterpenes, which can stimulate the limbic part of the brain, the center of emotions and memory. It stimulates the pineal gland, which releases melatonin, thereby improving thoughts, cognition, and memory. Cedarwood is also very grounding emotionally.
- Blue Tansy (Tanacetum annuum) is antiinflammatory. Emotionally, it combats anger and negative emotions and promotes a feeling of self-control.
- White Fir (Abies concolor) is antimicrobial, antiseptic, antiarthritic, and stimulating. It supports the body and reduces the symptoms of arthritis, rheumatism, bronchitis, coughs, sinusitis. It creates a feeling of grounding, anchoring, and empowerment.
- Diffuse: for aromatic purposes, since Australian Blue™ is a more expensive oil it would be most efficient to use the Auria Diffuser. More on diffusers and diffusing.
- Massage: mix 2-3 drops of Australian Blue™ with 1 TBSP V-6 Massage Oil (#3031)(a very fine carrier oil).
- Perfume: mix 1 drop Australian Blue™ with 1/2 tsp. V-6 Massage oil (to dilute), apply topically to pulse points.
- Aromatherapy Bath: mix 3-4 drops Australian Blue™ with 1 cup Sea Salt or Epsom salt, stir well. Pour mixture under running bath water and soak for 20 minutes.
- Inhale: put 1 drop in your palm, rub palms together, then cup palms over the nose and take 3 deep inhalations.
Articles by Evelyn Vincent, Young Living Independent Distributor #476766
"There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly." ~ R. Buckminster Fuller