Aromatherapy has been well-studied and documented to help with a number of strong emotions. Clearing emotional blocks, or simply helping strong emotions to shift, can be quite beneficial for our wellness. Not to mention the therapeutic benefits can also assist us in making smarter choices when the strong emotion(s) would otherwise dominate actions or words.
The list below indicates well-known essential oils for helping to reduce feelings of anger.
Single Essential Oils for Anger:
Bergamot*, cedarwood, frankincense, lavender, lemon*, marjoram, myrrh, orange*, rose, Roman chamomile, sandalwood, ylang ylang.
Essential Oil Blends for Anger:
Release, Valor, Sacred Mountain, Harmony, Hope, Forgiveness, Present Time, Trauma Life, Joy*, Surrender, Christmas Spirit, White Angelica*.
How to Use Essential Oils for Anger:
- Diffuse (see Benefits of Diffusing)
- Inhale a drop from palms, or directly from the bottle
- Bath: 2-5 drops in 1 cup Epsom Salts or Sea Salt, add to running bath water
- Apply a couple drops to the soles of feet
- Massage: 2-4 drops mixed with 1 TBSP V-6 Massage Oil
- Aromatherapy for Stress and Anxiety with Orange and Lavender Oils
- How Aromatherapy Benefits Negative Emotions, the Olfactory System
- Aromatherapy for Feeling Down After a Relationship Break-up
* Any single or blend containing citrus oils or bergamot can be photosensitizing, avoid applying these to areas of the skin (within 24 hours) that will be exposed to sunlight/ultraviolet light.
Articles by Evelyn Vincent, Young Living Independent Distributor #476766
"There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly." ~ R. Buckminster Fuller