Bed bugs these days are a huge problem! Even the fanciest hotels, new furniture and clothing stores are having a serious problem with these insect pests… so it’s no wonder “we” are having such a problem in our homes!
Superior quality essential oils can oftentimes be our smartest solution to insect pests, particularly for those who do not like to use toxic chemicals in their homes. Unlike chemical sprays and solutions therapeutic-grade essential oils are not toxic to us and the environment. This type of essential oil does not get rid of insect pests through smell alone but rather by the essential oil disrupting the waxy coating found on many species of insects; when the waxy coating on their exoskeleton is disrupted it causes the insect to lose water from their body and become dehydrated. Once dehydration sets in the insect dies. As for eggs and larvae, the essential oils simply kill them if they’re present. I personally have found my Young Living essential oils to be extremely effective against insect pests in both my garden and home.
Here are two ways we use our Young Living essential oil blend Purification to address the problem and to prevent bed bugs from ruining our lives!
1. Diffusing Purification Essential Oil Blend for Bed Bugs
Diffusing with Young Living’s Essential Oil Diffuser (cold-air / nebulizer type) or with the TheraPro Diffuser is an all-natural way to get rid of those nasty bed bugs. See both types of diffusers here.
How to Diffuse to Get Rid Bed Bugs
During the day, while you’re at work, turn on and fill your diffuser with Purification essential oil blend using the highest diffusing setting. Allow the diffuser run all day. Do this every day until the bed bugs are gone.
Using one of the mentioned diffuser’s to get rid of a bed bug problem works because the micro-fine essential oil mist in the air slowly settles and makes contact with the bed bugs. Like most insects, bed bugs have a waxy coating on their body and the essential oils break down that waxy coating. Shortly after that the bed bug will die of dehydration.
Added Benefits: Diffusing Purification oil can also prevent and eliminate mold and kill micro-organisms that cause colds and flu.
Caution: Do NOT leave pets in the room when a diffuser is running all day; too much of even a good thing can be overkill for those we cherish!
2. Purification Bed Bug Sachets for your Mattress
These little sachets are placed between your mattress and box-spring. Here’s how to make them…
- Cut 8 – 4″x4″ squares of gauze type fabric and sew each square on 3 sides.
- Take 2 cotton balls and sprinkle each with several drops of Purification essential oil blend.
- Place 2 cotton balls in each sachet and sew up the open side of fabric.
- Place each sachet between your mattress and box-spring, spending them out in a grid layout.
- Refresh cotton balls every 1-2 months with Purification.
Remember to take your Purification essential oil with you when you travel and stay in hotels!
Other Pest Related Articles:
- Peppermint Essential Oil to Repel Squirrel’s and Rodents
- Cinnamon Essential Oil as a Pesticide in Mosquito Larvae Control
- Big Black Ants in My Kitchen Killed by Thieves
- If Essential Oils Kill Insects, Why Doesn’t it Kill Humans
- Our Choices Do Make A Difference
Young Living Essential Oils Distributor #476766
"There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly." ~ R. Buckminster Fuller