Young Living clove, cinnamon and nutmeg essential oils are FDA approved food grade essential oils. Not only can you use these essential oils to cook with but they are also beneficial for many home remedy purposes.
Clove essential oil:
Historical Data: The people on the island of Ternate were free from epidemics until the 16th century, when Dutch conquerors destroyed the clove trees that flourished on the islands. Many of the islanders died from the epidemics that followed.
Cloves were reputed to be part of the “Marseilles Vinegar” or “Four Thieves Vinegar” used by grave-robbing bandits to protect themselves during the 15th century plague.
Clove was listed in Hildegard’s Medicine, a compilation of early German medicines by highly regarded Benedictine herbalist Hildegard of Bingen (1098-1179).
Healers in China and India have used clove buds since ancient times as part of their treatments.
Eugenol, clove’s principal constituent, was used in the dental industry for years to numb gums.
Medical Properties: Anti-aging, anti-tumoral, antimicrobial, antifungal, antiviral, analgesic/anesthetic, antioxidant, anticoagulant, anti-inflammatory, stomach protectant (ulcers), antiparasitic (worms), anti-convulsant.*
USES: Anti-aging, cardiovacular disease, arthritis/ rheumatism, hepatitis, intestinal parasites/ infections, throat/ sinus/lung infections, cataracts, ulcers, lice, toothache, acne.*
Fragrant Influence: A mental stimulant; encourages sleep, stimulates dreams, and creates a sense of protection and courage.
Application: Dilute 1 part EO with 4 parts V-6 Massage Oil (a carrier oil);
- Apply 2-4 drops on location, gums, or mouth (use a carrier oil, such as V-6)
- Chakras / Vita Flex points
- Take as dietary supplement.
Cautions: Anticoagulant properties can be enhanced when combined with Warfarin, aspirin, etc.
Clove oil is found in essential oil blends of: Abundance, En-R-Gee, ImmuPower, Longevity, Melrose, PanAway, and Thieves.
Cinnamon Bark essential oil:
History: Listed in Dioscorides’ De Materia Medica (A.D. 78), Europe’s first authoritive guide to medicines, that became the standard reference work for herbal treatments for over 1,700 years.
Cinnamon was reputed to be part of the “Marseilles Vinegar” or “Four Thieves Vinegar” used by grave-robbing bandits to protect themselves during the 15th century plague. See Cinnamon Bark oil – does yours bark and benefit?
Medical Properties: Anti-inflammatory (COX2 inhibitor), powerfully antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, anticoagulant, circulatory stimulant, stomach protectant (ulcers), antiparasitic (worms)*
USES: Cardiovascular disease, infectious diseases, viral infections (Herpes etc), digestive complaints, ulcers, and warts*
Fragrant Influence: Thought to attract wealth.
Application: Dilute 1 part essential oil with 4 parts V-6 Massage Oil (a carrier oil);
- Apply 1-2 drops on location (use a carrier oil, such as V-6)
- Chakras/ Vita Flex points
- Take a drop as dietary supplement
Cautions: May irritate the nasal membranes if inhaled directly from diffuser or bottle.
Cinnamon is found in essential oil blends of: Abundance, Christmas Spirit, Exodus II, Gathering, Magnify Your Purpose, and Thieves.
Bible Reference: Exodus 30:23—”Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty shekels, and of sweet calamus two hundred and fifty shekels;
“Proverbs 7:17—”I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.
“Song of Solomon 4:14—”Spikenard and saffron; calamus and cinnamon, with all trees of frankincense; myrrh and aloes, with all the chief spices:”Selected Research:
Nutmeg essential oil:
Historical Data: It was listed in Hildegard’s Medicine, a compilation of early German medicines by highly regarded Benedictine herbalist Hildegard of Bingen (1098-1179).
Recently the University of Ibadan revealed that nutmeg has potent anti-inflammatory and anticoagulant action.
USES: Rheumatism/arthritis, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, hepatitis, ulcers, digestive disorders, antiparasitic, nerve pain, fatigue/exhaustion
Application: Dilute 1 part EO with 2 parts V-6 Massage Oil (a carrier oil);
- Apply 1-2 drops on location (with a carrier oil, such as V-6)
- Chakras / Vita Flex points
- Directly inhale
- Take a drop as a dietary supplement
Nutmeg oil is found in essential oil blends of: EndoFlex, En-R-Gee, and Magnify Your Purpose.
Read more articles related to clove, cinnamon and nutmeg essential oils:
- Thanksgiving Meal With Natural Spices-Part I
- Thanksgiving Meal With Natural Spices-Part III
- Planter Facitis and Pain Management
Note: All essential oils are NOT created equal. Most essential oils are of lower quality. Therefore, do NOT use the information provided here for other brands. The essential oils discussed here are solely Young Living Essential oils and are food grade. Many other essential oils on the market contain chemicals that make them unsafe to ingest, or apply on skin, or to inhale.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information refers solely to products from Young Living Essential Oils and is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, and claim to cure, treat or prevent any disease. We urge you to do the health related research necessary to learn what is right for you. Young Living uses only therapeutic grade oils. Perfume grade or poor quality oils may possibly be harmful due to unknown additives and poor plant or distillation conditions. US labeling for essential oils is governed by the Perfume Act, allowing labels to say “100% pure essential oil” and by law contain only 5% of any grade .