Frankincense essential oil is a blessing to be shared. Life is ever-changing and often times we could use help with the many circumstances that come our way, from emotional or spiritual help, skin cancer, eye disorders, stress, despair, or even lung complaints.
Frankincense is a very gentle oil yet powerful oil and so beautiful to be included in one’s life.
Ways Frankincense has been used by Jonell’s family:
- Apply Frankincense topically to skin cancer and it helped the skin cancer to go away after application for one week.
- Apply above eyes on eyebrow bone and below the eye on the cheek bone and have “seen” noticeable positive change to vision. (Keep away from eyes though!)
- Burning the resin or diffusing Frankincense essential oil IS very spiritual and calming to animals and to people.
- Put a few drops of frankincense in a shot of NingXia Red to boost the immune system.
Emotions and stress play a big part in the degeneration of our bodies. Emotions and stress cause inflammation. Frankincense plays an important part in repairing our bodies and emotional state.
Did You Know?
- Frankincense is mentioned in one of the oldest known medical records, Ebers Papyrus, dating from the sixteenth century B.C., and ancient Egyptians listed the oil on hundreds of prescriptions and recipes. Frankincense was valued more than gold during ancient times and only those with great wealth and abundance possessed it. It is considered the “cure all” to all ailments.
- Frankincense trees grow in very harsh conditions, without soil out of polished marble rocks. Deep cuts are made along the tree and the yellow milk-like juice that flows out soon hardens. The frankincense globules are scraped off and distilled for the essential oil. The season for gathering lasts from May until September.
- There are between 17 and 21 difference species of frankincense grown around the world and therefore many varieties of Frankincense Resin. Young Living uses the two frankincense species known to be the most beneficial in terms of healing power: Boswellia carteri (our regular Frankincense)and Boswellia sacra (Sacred Frankincense from Oman, the most prized of all the frankincense species). There are many Frankincense resins, but most grades are only good enough for perfumes, yet many companies use them as Essential Oils and claim they are pure when indeed they do not contain any healing properties at all, or very little.
Comes from the Boswellia sacra frankincense tree and is distilled at the Young Living distillery in Oman. We are the first company to distill our Sacred Frankincense in Oman. Boswellia sacra frankincense is the rarest and most sought-after aromatic in existence. It has a deeper spiritual connection and contains higher levels of constituents that are prized for their effects on many types of cancer.
After careful negotiations with Omani officials, Gary Young was granted permission to build a Young Living distillery in Oman, and take the resulting essential oil out of Oman. Until this partnership, no Omani frankincense had ever left the country, unless directly purchased by Saudi royals.
Omani frankincense is highly regarded as the frankincense of the ancients and the traditional spiritual oil of biblical times. Young Living’s Sacred Frankincense marks the first time any Westerners have been able to experience these unique, spiritual properties.
Sacred Frankincense is ideal for those who wish to take their spiritual journey and meditation experiences to a higher level. It may be very beneficial to diffuse while meditating or practicing yoga or it could be used in a healing protocol for cancer.
How To Use Sacred Frankincense
Aromatic: Diffuse up to one hour three times daily. Diffuse this oil while practicing yoga, meditation, or prayer to deepen your experience and feel a connection to ancient traditions. More on diffusers and diffusing.
Dietary Supplement: Put two drops in a capsule. Take three times daily or as needed. Put a 1-2 drops in NingXia Red or organic juice.
Topical: Apply 2–4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
Caution: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health care practitioner prior.
Frankincense should NOT be used if on blood thinning medication.
Frankincense (Boswellia carteri)
Has a sweet, warm, balsamic aroma that is stimulating and elevating to the mind. Useful for visualizing, improving one’s spiritual connection, and centering, it has comforting properties that help focus the mind and overcome stress and despair. Frankincense is considered the holy anointing oil in the Middle East, where it has been used in religious ceremonies for thousands of years.
More recently, it has been used in European and American hospitals and is the subject of substantial research in regards to cancer therapies. Frankincense is also a valuable ingredient in skin care products for aging and dry skin. The ancient Egyptians used it in rejuvenation face masks.
Frankincense, Boswellia carteri, is also known as “olibanum,” or “oil from Lebanon.” It was well-known during the time of Christ and was one of the first gifts given to Christ at his birth. Anciently, the Chinese used frankincense as a treatment for a range of ailments.
Today, frankincense is still used worldwide for both its ceremonial and medicinal use. Frankincense can be used topically, as a dietary supplement, or diffused.
Frankincense may ease many minor aches and pains, clear the lungs, act as a skin tonic, as well as calm and soothe the whole body and mind. Its sweet, warm, balsamic aroma is stimulating and elevating. Useful for visualizing and improving one’s spiritual connection, frankincense has comforting properties that help center the mind and overcome stress and despair. Frankincense also contains sesquiterpenes, which stimulate the limbic system of the brain, (the center of memory and emotions), and the hypothalamus, pineal, and pituitary glands.
How To Use Frankincense
In diffuser therapy, frankincense may be used for congestion and voice loss, as well as to calm the mind, reduce mental strain, cultivate internal peace, and place past obsessive states into perspective.
Frankincense may be blended with massage oil or diluted in the bath for circulatory support, respiratory support, exhaustion, and nightmares. It also has a good astringent effect on the skin; may perk up older, more mature skin; and may assist the body in healing itself of wounds, sores, and ulcers.
Frankincense may be added to a quality organic base cream or lotion, such as Boswellia Wrinkle Cream or Sandalwood Moisture Cream, to help with general skin tone, and condition while reducing oily skin, rejuvenating more mature skin, and at the same time helping wounds, ulcers, and sores heal.
Wash or use as a compress
May help to assist the body in healing and to lessen the appearance of scars from wounds, add a few drops of frankincense to the water when washing a wound. For other applications, apply diluted oil directly onto the affected area or use as a compress.
Burning the Frankincense sacra resin was a tradition of people for 10,000 years. Ancient people were closer to God and lived their religion 24/7. Frankincense was part of their everyday lives. The smoke coming from the burning of the resin assesses the emotions working on depression and anxiety. Frankincense plays an important part in repairing our bodies and emotional state.
One can burn the Frankincense sacra resin in a Young Living Frankincense Burner and be surrounded with a most blessed scent. And, you may also want to bring your resin burner out onto the porch or deck to help keep mosquitoes away!
The world is in great change and our lives can always benefit from positive influence. One way to experience positive elevation spiritually, emotionally or physically is with the blessings of Frankincense. Why not give Sacred Frankincense, Frankincense and or the Frankincense Burner a try, and let me know if you too have the blessings of Frankincense.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information refers solely to products from Young Living Essential Oils and is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, and claim to cure, treat or prevent any disease. We urge you to do the health related research necessary to learn what is right for you.