1. Direct Application / Topical
Because essential oils are soluble with the lipid membranes of cells, they have an unmatched ability to penetrate and disperse within minutes throughout the body.
Apply directly over area of concern, but, avoid getting oils in the eyes, flush with vegetable oil if an essential oil accidentally gets in the eyes (NEVER use water to flush your eye or to dilute an essential oil).
The spicy, or “hot” essential oils such as Cinnamon, Clove, Thyme, Oregano and Peppermint can be warming to sensitive skin. Dilute your Essential oils with the Young Living’s V-6 massage oil, a pure a Olive, or Almond oil if skin sensitivity is a concern.
2. Diffusing and Inhalation
The Young Living Cold-Air Diffuser is specially designed to disperse a super fine mist of essential oils that will fill a room in a few minutes. It disperses your oils without heating or burning them, which can render oils less therapeutically beneficial.
Diffusing can help reduce bacteria, fungus and mold, help with weight management, help you to relax and relieve tension, improve concentration and mental clarity and much more! Learn more about proper diffusing and Young Living Diffusers.
3. Essential Oils Internally as Supplements and in Cooking
Only a ISO/AFNOR therapeutic-grade essential oil, such as Young Living’s, which are safe enough to ingest. By ingesting the oils, optimum benefits can be achieved.
Put a drop or two in goat or rice milk, or in “00″ empty capsules and take internally.
Read more about Cooking with Young Living Essentisl Oils.
I cannot stress this point enough – DO NOT attempt to do this with any store bought essential oil, even the ones you find at a health food store, as they are not pure enough!
It is indicated on each bottle, if there is a “Supplement Facts” box, the oil can be taken internally, so be sure to always look at the label! If the “white” Supplement Facts box is there then yes.
REMEMBER: to begin slowly, more is NOT better when using pure and potent essential oils! Yes, Young Living offers empty capsules too.
APPLICATION: WHY MORE IS NOT BETTER
• Respect must always be taken in regards to the power of an essential oil. In most cases, one or two of drops is plenty! Consider this: one drop of Peppermint equals 28 cups of Peppermint tea!
• Young Living essential oils are not diluted or adulterated, nor are they processed in such a way that render them useless therapeutically.
• Young Living essential oils ARE potent and although one or two drops may not seem like much, I can assure you, it is far more than you might imagine!
Articles by Evelyn Vincent, Young Living Independent Distributor #476766
"There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly." ~ R. Buckminster Fuller